Are you ready to get pregnant? All About Pregnancy
What is a woman’s child bearing age? If biologically analyzed then a woman can become pregnant or bear offspring anytime when they reach puberty- the time their menstrual cycle starts till it ends, i.e., between 12 to 51 years of age. Thus, this is her best pregnancy time period. Pregnancy can be tested using a pregnancy test kit, also known as pregnancy kit.
As your age increases your fertility starts declining and in case one decides to start a family at an older age it poses a threat and complications also arise. The best age to bear a child is between the late ’20s and early ’30s. This is healthy for both the mother and the child. The ideal age considerable is 27-32 years.
Age though is a very crucial factor to start conceiving a child but what is important is your mental and financial stability to take on the responsibility. Are you ready for this now?
How is fertility-related to age?
When women reach puberty, they have about 2 million eggs and with time this keeps on falling. By the age of 37, you are left with only about 25,000 eggs and at 51 only 1000 eggs are left. Though this might look that a lot is there but the fact is that there is a decline in the quality of eggs. Thus, this determines pregnancy chances too.
A lot of factors can affect your fertility, like endometriosis and tubal disease. Your fertility starts declining after 32 and between 35 and 37 the process is more rapid. As per some general yet deep research, it has been noticeable that within the different age groups there are odds of conceiving. The possibility percentage numbers are known to be as below:
- 18 % at the age of 25
- 16 % at the age of 30
- 12 % at the age of 35
- 7 % at the age of 40
Which factors affect pregnancy?
Factors affecting Pregnancy:
- Radiations & chemotherapy used in cancer treatments
- Pelvic Infection
Benefits of getting pregnant at certain age groups
Waiting long to start a family can help you save money, strengthen your relationship? Make mature decisions that are stable for the offspring. It is observable that children who are born to working and older parents are wiser than the others and their IQ is high which helps them pursue higher education. Pregnancy at the age of 40 lowers the chances of uterine cancer.
Pregnancy after the age of 35 has been medically termed as Geriatric pregnancy. A pregnancy test can reveal when you are pregnant.
Conceiving at a younger age reduces the risk of complications. The baby and the mom both are healthy. The late ’20s and the early ’30s are considered to be the ideal age group.
What are the risks of getting pregnant after 35 years of age?
There are a lot of risks at the age of 35 and beyond, they become more common as your age increases. They are as:
- Gestational diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Placenta Previa
- Premature birth
- Need for cesarean delivery
- Heavy bleeding after delivery
- Infant low birth weight
- Chromosomal abnormalities such as Down Syndrome
What is the right time consult a doctor on Fertility?
Right time for discussing Fertility with a doctor: Fertility is a common issue and more than 12% of women are facing this. In case you face odds in conceiving do visit a fertility expert who would suggest some test basis that would suggest treatment.
- If you are 35 years of age and trying to conceive
- If you are between 35 and 37 and have been trying for the last 6 months to conceive
- In case you are over 40 and plan to start a family
Your doctor’s fertility treatment would depend on various fertility issues which would either be some biological changes that would include your lifestyle or any other unknown factor. The situations could be:
- Fertility drugs to stimulate ovulation
- Surgery to fix endometriosis, fibroids, or blocked fallopian tubes
- Intrauterine insemination, where during ovulation the sperm is directly placed into your uterus
- In vitro fertilization, where in a clinical fusion where the sperm and egg placement is there together to form an embryo. Then the process is to implant in the uterus for pregnancy.
- The zygote and gamete are placed in a fallopian tube to fertilize
How can I plan a baby?
Checklist to plan a baby: If you decide to plan for a family, get hold of a few activities:
- Weight: you should neither be overweight nor underweight, this can affect your ability to ovulate. The ideal body mass is between 19 and 24. Consult a doctor or a dietician to have a controllable weight for better chances of pregnancy.
- No Smoking: Smoking damages your egg supply and increases the chances of miscarriage
- Eat healthily: High fat can contribute to weight gain and affect your reproductive cycle.
- Controllable intake of caffeine and alcohol: Having 2-3 cups of coffee can increase the chances of miscarriage. Frequent intake of alcohol is harmful to the fetal to develop.
- Exercise: Exercise should be a part of your daily routine and also take a good sleep. Relax your mind.
- Vitamin: Taking a prenatal vitamin with folic acid before conception.
- Doctor visit: Visit your doctor at intervals. S/he would be aware of your conditions and in case you suffer from diabetes or high blood pressure that can be treated.
Plan a child when you are financially strong, ready to take up responsibility, ready to put on your career on hold temporarily and you have a strong relationship with your partner.
- Massage Oils
- How to Control BP without Medicine?
- Medical Appointment Scheduling System
- How To Appear More Good Looking and Younger
- High Blood Pressure Encyclopedia
- Low Sex Drive in Women
- Ayurvedic Sex Medicines