Low Sex Drive Meaning and Diagnosis (in Women)
If a women continuously feels that she is lacking in sexual disorder or feel no essence of physical intimacy then her diagnosis can show hypoactive sexual disorder. In other words there is low sex drive in women as such. Here might be certain suggestions that your doctor may give to help you feel a good connection with your partner.
Your doctor would ask you questions on your sexual history and also ask you for some tests:
- Perform a pelvic exam: A pelvic exam would help your doctor diagnose with physical changes that contribute to low sexual desire, such as thinning of genital tissues, vaginal dryness or pain eliciting spots.
- Recommend testing: A blood test might be recommended to check hormonal levels, thyroid problems, diabetes, high cholesterol, and liver disorders.
- Refer to a specialist: A specialist can suggest a healthy sexual life by evaluating your emotional and physical factors.
Women’s Low Sex Drive during Pregnancy
While beginning of the first trimester, most women experience a decrease in sex drive. This is primarily due to the fact that the first trimester is coupled with morning sickness, fatigue, nausea and an increase in tenderness. For a few women, the changes in hormones have the opposite effect. Similar situations may continue further. This is mostly considerable as a normal phenomenon. Similarly there is sometimes low sex drive during periods.
Low Sex Drive Treatment
We see that women have benefited from treatment and the recommendations include sex education, counseling and sometimes medication and hormone therapy.
Sex education and counseling for Low Sex Desire in Women
Visiting a sex therapist can turn out to be of great help. S/he will analyze your relationship, feeling of intimacy and desire and basis that would suggest you couple exercises, reading the material and other couple contact forms.
Medications for Low Sex Interest in Young Girls
Your doctor needs to understand what kind of medication you are under. Some anti-depressants like paroxetine and fluoxetine lower sex drive but instead using bupropion can improve sex drive.
Your doctor may also suggest flibanserin’s boost libido. It has approval of HSDD and suggestion is that there is need of taking one pill in a day before going to bed. It has certain side effects that include low blood pressure, dizziness, nausea, and fatigue. Alcohol consumption or fluconazole helps to treat the vaginal infection can also make things worse.
Female Viagra or Viagra for Her
Viagra is used as common prescription drug for sexual arousal problems such as erectile dysfunction in men.
The female counterparts are now also getting respite with such drugs commonly known as female Viagra. A common name of Female Viagra is also Female Enhancement Product.
This drug provides relief in sexual problems to women particularly Female Sexual Arousal Disorder and other types of Female Sexual Dysfunction.
Whichever the case of sexual problem to a women, female Viagra is a drug with scientific formulation. It has approval of USFDA that it has active ingredients which can successfully treat female arousal disorders.
Female viagra is also known as pink pill as unlike the male viagra which is blue in color it is generally in pink. 3 drugs in this category have been approved by the US FDA:
- Sildenafil (Female Viagra)
- Tadalafil (Cialis)
- Vardenafil (Levitra)
Causes of Low Sex Drive and Hormone Therapy
Dryness or shrinking of the vagina may make sexual intimacy painful and hence reducing the desire for sex. However, estrogen, in this case, may turn out to be helpful by improving vaginal atrophy symptoms.
Estrogen can be taken in the form of pills, patches, sprays, and gels. Small doses can also be seen in the form of vaginal creams or ring. Before taking any of the two consult a doctor about the positive effects of them.
Testosterone is also important though it is mostly seen in men but can also be good for lifting female libido. It may also have side effects like acne, excess body hair, emotional and personality changes.
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
To have a good sexual relationship it’s important to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise: Regular exercising lifts your confidence, body image and boosts libido.
- Stress Less: It is important to pressure oneself less. Stress can be due to various reasons like work, finance or a hectic schedule which directly impacts the sex drive of one.
- Communicate with your partner: It is necessary to communicate with your partner. Make them feel what you felt the last night. They should be aware of your likes and dislike which would enhance your sexual relationship.
- Set aside time for intimacy: You must be having a stressful schedule and making sex a routine may sound to be unpleasant but it is as important as the morning breakfast for well-being. Take out time for your closeness.
- Add spices to sex life: Do not focus only on the most comfortable position but explore other positions in sex. Introduce your intimacy with sex toys and make it fun-loving and full of fantasy.
- Ditch bad habits: Avoid excess consumption of alcohol and say no to smoking and un-prescribed drugs. Ditching bad habits would enhance your sexual life by boosting your sex drive.
What is Alternative Medicine for Low Sex Drive?
Discussing with your doctor about your sexual life might seem difficult so in many cases women move to herbal supplements. In most cases, certain supplements are not scientifically proven and can have side effects. Consult a doctor before trying any.
Avlimil is one such herbal supplement that contains estrogen and can help boost sex drive but then it comes with a challenge of breast cancer.
Zestra is a botanical massage oil that is applied to the clitoris, labia, and vagina. This helps increase arousal and pleasure. The only side effect it has is a burning sensation in the genital area.
A Channel to “Subscribe” for Medication of Low Sex Drive and of all Kinds
Coping and Support while Low Sex Drive
We understand that not being able to have a satisfying sexual intimacy can be disturbing and lower your confidence. It can also start causing insecurity which turns out to be a conflict. Thus, low sex drive in women is a matter which we should take care of.
Ups and downs in a sexual drive are normal but then focusing completely on sex is not a good thing. Rather introduce flavors to your relationship like go for a long walk or a long drive with your partner. Plan for a nice dinner at your favorite dining, or a goodbye kiss on the forehead before you step out. It is important to have natural foreplay to build up an image of trust, love, and companionship between each other.
How can I Prepare for appointment to Treat (my) Girls’ Low Sex Drive?
Prepare yourself to ask and answer your doctor on all the questions that relate to intimacy. In case s/he doesn’t then you start telling your problem. We understand that it is difficult to disclose your bedroom complication to a stranger but then it is important to have a correct diagnosis as it’s a vital part of your well-being.
How Can I Increase Sex Drive in Myself as a female?
With natural efforts your sex drive does not increase then you may need to see a sexologist. Prepare a list of discussion that are the need. The below mentioned should necessarily be a part of the list if low sex drive in women requires an increase:
- Make a note of your sexual problem
- List down the medicines that you are consuming
- Jot down the questions that you need to ask your doctor
Some basic questions that you need to ask your doctor are:
- What is the reason behind this problem?
- What are female loss of libido symptoms?
- How long would it take to everything be normal?
- What are the lifestyle changes that I need?
- What treatments are available?
- Which books would s/he recommend to read?
What are Some basic questions that doctor may ask the female?
There are a few basic yet important questions under low sex drive in women that your doctor may ask to understand your hormonal status. They are in the list below:
- What are your sexual concerns?
- Are you troubled with vaginal dryness?
- Do you feel sex to be painful?
- How long does it take for you to have an orgasm?
- How stressful are you about your sexual concerns?
- What makes you arouse?
- Do you have menstrual issues?
- Have you been ever taken treatment for cancer?
- Have you had gynecological surgeries?
- How long are going through this?
Best Natural Remedies to Increase Female Libido Levels
A woman’s sexual drive can stroll any man in any direction. A woman’s sexual desires are driven by her relationships, menopause, pregnancy or ill health. The common problems that she deals with which affect her intimate like are anxiety, stress, lifestyle, depression or the libido level. Though low libido is not a serious life and death cause yes it has serious effects on one’s relationship. It’s one of the important components of a long and romantic relationship.
This low libido which women suffer is treatable with assistance of many pharmaceutical treatments but then this might be bringing in some side effects too. For example, flibanserin is one of the common use drugs by women but then it has a couple of side effects like low blood pressure, nausea, dizziness, and weakness. Hormonal therapy can also turn out to be risky so there are couples who try natural remedies like a healthy diet, lifestyle changes or herbal ayurvedic treatment. Thus, most women go with natural medicine to increase female libido.
The Root of The Problem is Low Sex Drive in Women
Low sex drives can be due to complexity in one’s life. The complexity can be divisible into 4 broad categories:-
- Physical- The anatomical anomalies can make intercourse disturbing. Certain prescription medicines, as well as illegal drugs, can have an adverse effect on sexual desire. Even excessive alcohol intake and smoking can affect the sexual lifestyle.
- Hormonal- Activities like pregnancy, breastfeeding, and menopause can disrupt one’s sexual drive.
- Psychological- Mental health problems are very important to come out of low libido both in men and women. The main reason for this is anxiety, depression, pressure, stress, body shaming, low confidence, and previous sexual abuse or dissatisfaction.
- Emotional- Men are not so conscious and can handle the emotional and sexual connection. But in the other case, a woman’s sexual drive is the cause of her emotional connection with the man. She can feel nothing at all if there is a lack of communication, a trust deficit and frequent conflicts in a relationship.
Ayurvedic Recommendations for a Healthy Sex Drive against Modern Medicien Female Viagra
The Ayurvedic science on sexual treatment is effective as evident, and modern science has not been able to bring out better medicines, they have also said that the Vedic medicines are more powerful and can treat sexual dysfunction. Some of the medicines that have reported best for improving low sex drive are:-
Gokshura or Gokhru (TribulusTerrestris)
This herb has been very useful to improve erectile dysfunction but more than that has proof of being beneficial in women’s sex drive. There is scientific proof that Gokshura increases the density of androgen receptors in the brain which ultimately increases the libido-enhancing the property.
It is believed by experts and researchers that Ashwagandha can reduce stress and boost testosterone. It is viewable that low sexual drives and low libido levels in women are a result of low testosterone which is caused due to lifestyle and mental illness.
Shatavari (Asparagus Racemosus)
This herb is regarded as a powerful female tonic. It treats female infertility thus boosting libido. This herb has an anti-inflammatory effect on sexual organs that promotes healthy ovulation and folliculogenesis. Shatavari is so strong that it attracts the interest of several pharmaceutical companies.
Ayurvedic Formulations & Supplements for Female Libido Enhancement
As above information mentions, the most effective herbs that have clinical proof of themselves since years regarding the low libido issue, there are a few supplements that are used in formulations with the assistance of gokshura, ashwagandha, and Shatavari. These are:
- NariSondarya Malt
- TribulusTerrestris Capsules
These supplements are easily available but it is advisable to consult a doctor before the dosage and understand its appropriate intake as an inappropriate dose can be a challenge to one’s life. We are there to improve sexual intimacy and not disrupt it.
Male – Female Libido and Herbal Treatment
Irrespective of the fact that supplements can improve low libido but it is also suggestible that one should focus on the healthy diet plan that includes natural foods and not processed, proper sleep timings, exercise in the form of yoga, meditation or gym, also reduce the intake of alcohol and quit smoking. It is also advisable to take care of your stress level and decrease depression. In case after all these efforts, you still face the problem, kindly consult a doctor before your condition becomes critical. Your healthy sexual life enhances a healthy community.
Answers on the topic please Login to vvfit.com and connect with the author or the Appropriate Group
- Massage Oils
- How to Control BP without Medicine?
- Medical Appointment Scheduling System
- How To Appear More Good Looking and Younger
- High Blood Pressure Encyclopedia
- Ayurvedic Sex Medicines