What is Diagnosis Control Treatment of High Blood Pressure or Hypertension?
Lets learn everything about high blood pressure treatment or hypertension cure aka HBP treatment and cure worldwide.
What is High Blood Pressure?
When you visit a doctor for your HBP problems, the doctor first measures your blood pressure by placing an inflatable arm cuff around your arm between the elbow and shoulder using a blood pressure measuring machine usually known as sphygmomanometer or kymograph.
Blood Pressure is measured by its measurement device which gives the measurement in two numbers which are in millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). The first part is the upper number which shows your heartbeats (systolic pressure). The second is lower part which measures the pressure in your arteries between (diastolic pressures).
Table of Content on Blood Pressure
– Heart Treatment in Delhi and NCR
– Heart Treatment in Uttar Pradesh
– Heart’s Treatment in West Bengal
Blood Pressure Measurements fall into 4 General Categories
Normal blood pressure
When Blood Pressure machine shows you at around 120/80 mm Hg it means you have ideal blood pressure which is normal.
High BP or Blood Pressure
High BP is a systolic pressure ranging from 120 to 129 mm Hg, and a diastolic pressure below 80 mm Hg. Take a strong step to control your high blood pressure otherwise your problem will increase with time.
There are 2 stages of Hypertension:
First stage Hypertension
This Hypertension is a systolic pressure ranging from 130 to 139 mm Hg, or a diastolic pressure ranging from 80 to 89 mm Hg.
Second stage Hypertension
The Second stage of hypertension is generally very risky to you. It is a range of systolic pressure of 140 mm Hg or higher, or a diastolic pressure of 90 mm Hg or higher. Diabetes and excess body fat patients have a greater risk of such type of illness stage.
Upper and lower both numbers are significant for reading the blood pressure. But after 50 years of age, the systolic reading becomes more significant. In systolic hypertension, the diastolic pressure is normal (i.e. less than 80 mm Hg) while the systolic pressure is high ( which is greater than or equal to 130 mm Hg).
If you suffer from high blood pressure, the cardiologist may suggest you to record your blood pressure at home. He does this so that he can deem the fluctuation of hypertension and give you the possible additional information.
Generally, when a patient suffers from hypertension, the doctor advises them to monitor blood pressure for 24 hours so he can note the blood pressure measurements. It is called ambulatory.
Medical experts or cardiologists suggest their blood pressure patients to monitors blood tests in two to three times during appointments, while they also recommend the patients to keep monitoring of blood pressure on a regular basis. This is why blood pressure fluctuates depending on the patient’s daily routine. Blood pressure (white coat hypertension) may be an elevation in the BP when the patient visits the doctor. When you measure your blood pressure please use an appropriate-sized arm cuff. Though measuring from the left arm is generally observed, you should ideally measure both arms so as to determine the difference in blood pressure levels.
If you have any type of hypertension, your doctor will analyze your medical history and conduct a thorough physical examination.
During these days in hypertension, the doctor may also recommend routine tests, such as a urine test (urinalysis), a cholesterol test, blood tests, and an ElectroCardioGram or ECG— a test that measures your heart’s electrical activity. However medical expert also suggests additional tests, such as an echocardiogram, to look for more signs of heart disease.
Monitoring Hypertension at Home
There is an effortless way to know about your hypertension treatment is working or not. You can observe your blood pressure at home with the help of inflatable arm cuff device easily available online and offline.
Monitor your blood pressure at home is an easy and inexpensive way. You don’t need a doctor’s prescription to buy blood pressure machine. Several types of blood pressure machines are available in the market at a reasonable price. After purchasing BP monitor and measuring blood pressure at home one doesn’t need to go to the clinic, but you would have to follow some limitations for sure.
The device should be validated and its cuff should be adjustable on your arm to know that your device is working properly, take your device at least once in a year to your doctor’s clinic and learn from doctor to how get started with checking your blood pressure at home? Whenever you visit the clinic always keep your blood pressure records with you so that the doctor can check and verify its accuracy.
Dealing with Hypertension
Changing your lifestyle can go a long way toward controlling high BP. Your doctor may recommend you making lifestyle changes which may include:
- Getting regular physical activity
- Eating a heart-healthy diet with less salt
- Trying to limit the amount of liquor you drink
- Maintaining a healthy weight or losing weight if you’re overweight or obese
- Your BP treatment goal hinges on how healthy you are.
- Not only lifestyle can control your blood pressure. In fact, you should keep up with exercise, healthy diet and regular basis mediation.
- Your blood pressure should be less than 130/80 mm HG in case you are healthy adult aged 65 or older
- You’re a healthy adult closer to the age of 65 with a 10 percent or higher risk of developing cardiovascular disease in the next 10 years.
- Be alert if you have chronic kidney illness, diabetes or coronary artery disease.
- While 120/80 mm Hg or lower ideal hypertension is the target, the doctor is uncertain on the need for treatment (medicines) to make arrival to that level.
- If you are 65 years of age or older and use medicines that produce less systolic blood pressure (such as less than 130 mm Hg), then your medicines will not need to be changed unless they are unhealthy or do not put a negative impact on the quality of life.
- The range of medicines prescribed by your doctor depend upon your blood pressure measurement and your other medical problems. This is useful if you work closely with a team of medical professionals who are experienced in providing treatment for high blood pressure to develop a person’s individual treatment plan.
Doctors for High Blood Pressure Treatment
Heart Treatment in Delhi and NCR
For Blood pressure and other Heart Treatment are done better in big cities.
- If you are in Delhi You may visit All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029, INDIA
- Greater Noida you may Visit Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar, U.P. – 201310, India
- Ghaziabad you may visit (Mmg Hospital) District Hospital. Nr Ghanta Ghar, G T Rd, Ghanta Ghar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh – 201001 INDIA
- Faridabad you may visit Civil Hospital 216, BK Chowk, New Industrial Town, Faridabad, Haryana 121001 INDIA
- Gurgaon you may visit Civil Hospital, Jharsa Road, Near, Bus Stand Rd, Gurugram, Haryana 122001 INDIA
- Noida you may visit Govt. District Hospital. Sector-30, Noida (G.B. Nagar), Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh – 201301.
Heart Treatment in Uttar Pradesh
- In Lucknow you may Visit Raebareli Rd, Haibat Mau Mawaiya, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226014 INDIA
- Kanpur you may visit GSVM Medical College, Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur ,Uttar Pradesh 208002 INDIA
- Agra you may visit S.N. Medical College, Moti Katra, Agra – 282002 INDIA
- Allahabad you may visit Moti Lal Nehru Medical College George Town, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211002 INDIA
Heart Treatment of Heart in West Bengal
- In Kolkata you may visit IPGME&R, 244 A.J.C. Bose Road, Kolkata – 700 020 INDIA
- Asansol you may visit Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College And Hospital, Ismile, Shatabdi Nagar, Hamid Nagar, Asansol, West Bengal 713301 INDIA
- Siliguri you may visit North Bengal Medical College, D-5 Quarter , Sushruta Nagar, Dist Darjeeling. -734012 INDIA
- Durgapur you may visit Durgapur Sub Divisional Hospital, Bidhannagar, Durgapur, West Bengal 713212 INDIA
What Medicines should we take for Treatment of Hypertension?
Medicines for treatment of hypertension:
Thiazide is a type of molecule and is a class of diarrhea that is often used to treat hypertension and edema, sometimes called water pills which are medicines that work on your kidneys to help your body clear off sodium and water and reduce blood volume. It reduces the risk of death, stroke, heart attack and heart failure due to hypertension.
These are frequently the first, but not the solitary, options in hypertension medications. These include chlorthalidone, hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide) and others.
If you are facing such conditions and not taking a diuretic medicine while your blood pressure is high, then narrate it to your doctor about taking one or one medication that you currently intake with the diuretic medicine. Diuretics or calcium channel blockers can work better for elderly human, who do the same angiotensin-converted enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. A prevalent side effect of the diuretic is enhancement in urine.
ACE inhibitor (Angiotensin-converted enzyme)
Angiotensin-altered-enzyme inhibitor is a drug that is mainly used to treat hypertension and heart failure. These medicines like lisinopril (Zestril), benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten) and others are known to help prevent blood vessels by blocking the formation of natural chemicals that spread through blood vessels. The humans with chronic kidney disease can benefit from having one ACE inhibition of their medicines.
Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs)
These are to treat conditions such as hypertension and heart failure. These medicines calm blood vessels and not prevent the formation of a natural chemical which is spreading to the blood vessels like ACE. ARBs include candesartan (Atacand), losartan (Cozaar) and others. The people with chronic kidney illness can avail ARB as one of their medicines.
Calcium channel antagonists
Calcium channel blockers, amlodipine (Norvasc), anti-calcium channel or anti-calcium, diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) are a group of medicines which inhibits calcium movement through calcium channels. These are used in the form of anti-hypertensive drugs, that is, in the form of medicines to reduce BP in patients with HBP. It helps your blood vessels rest or relax muscles. Some slow down your pulse rate. Calcium channel blockers can work excellent for elderly people than doing ACE inhibitors alone.
If you consume calcium-channel blocker you should not drink grapes juice. This is because of its enlargement the amount of medicine entering your bloodstream. As a result, your hypertension can suddenly be very low, which can be dangerous.
Adding other hypertension medicines to your therapy
If you are having difficulty getting your hypertension goal with a coalition of the above medicine, then your doctor may aware you about:
α-adrenoreceptor antagonists (Alpha-blockers)
Alpha-blocker medicines reduce the nerve impulses blood vessels, decrease the impact of natural chemicals that parochial the blood vessels. Alpha blockers include doxazosin (cardura), prezosine (Minipress) and others.
Blood Pressure Reduction effectiveness of alpha and beta double receptor blockers
Generally used for the treatment of High BP (HBP). Medicine in this class includes carvedilol (choreg), lebatolol (tridnet) and delivolol (Unicard). Alpha-beta blockers slow down the pulsation to make smaller blood volume, which should be pumped through the vessels.
Beta-adrenergic blocking agents
It reduces your blood pressure and work by blocking the effects of the hormone epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. If you intake beta-blockers, your heart beats more slowly and with less force, thereby reducing BP. These medicines reduce the burden of work on your heart and open your blood vessels.
Beta blockers are generally not endorsed as the only medicine that you are determining, but they can be emphatic when another blood pressure medicine is added to the medication.
Antimineralocorticoid aldosterone antagonist
This group of medicine is frequently used as an auxiliary treatment in combination with other medications, to manage chronic heart failure. These medicines are spironolactone (Aldactone), and eplerenone (Inspra). These medicines block the effect of a natural chemical, lead to salt and fluid retention, which can contribute to high BP. It’s prescription is practiced in hypertension, Diuretic, Chronic heart failure, Hyperaldosteronism, Conn’s syndrome.
The conglomeration of medicines (Renin Inhibitor)
It is a conglomeration of medicines used for the most in the treatment of essential blood pressure. These medicines prevent the first and limited-scale steps of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system. An enzyme builds by your kidney, which starts a series of chemical phases which elevates BP.
Aliskiren drug is used to treat high BP (hypertension)
Reducing hypertension helps in preventing stroke, heart attack and kidney problems. Aliskiren works by giving rest to blood vessels so that the blood can flow more easily. It is related to a class of medicines which is known as direct renin blocker.
Open up blood vessels (Vasodilators)
Vasodilators are drugs which open up blood vessels (dilute). Its effect to inhibit squeeze of the muscles, muscles in the walls of your arteries and nerves, preventing the walls from a shrink. To reduce your blood pressure you do not have to pump your hand. These drugs contain hydralazine and minoxidil.
These drugs inhibit your brain from pointing out your nervous system to increase your heart rate and parochial your blood vessels. There are examples of central-acting agents: methyldopa, clonidine (Catapres, Kapvay), guanfacine (Intuniv, Tenex).
To reduce the number of daily medicines you necessity, your medical expert can write a combination of low-dose medicines instead of a single dose of a single drug. In actuality, two or more blood pressure medicines are frequently more emphatic than one. Finding the conjunction of the most intended medicines or medicines is the subject of trial and error.
Blood Pressure Category
less than 80
less than 120
less than 80
Lower Blood Pressure
less than 100
less than 60
High Blood Pressure
High Blood Pressure
140 or Higher
90 or Higher
Higher than 180
And/or higher than 120
Obstructive Hypertension: When it is arduous monitoring your hypertension?
If your blood pressure is high in spite of taking at least three different types of high BP medications, one of which should usually be diuretic, you may have resistant hypertension.
Those who have controlled hypertension, but at the same time do intake four different types of drugs and this situation is also considered as resistant hypertension. Usually, the probability of a secondary cause of HBP should be re-evaluated.
If you and your medical specialist can recognize your hypertension which is a good sign for you that can accomplish your goal with the help of healing, which is more effective?
Your Doctor can Treat Hypertension as well as You
- Examine your medicine and don’t take any drugs which are not good for BP.
- Examine the feasible causes of your condition and regulate if they can be treated.
- Monitor your blood pressure at home to prevent from white coat hypertension
- Recommend a healthy lifestyle change, such as eating a healthy diet with less salt, keep a healthy weight and limiting how much liquor you drink.
- Build up the variation in your high blood pressure drugs to come up with the most effective combination and dose.
- For the control your blood pressure you should add an aldosterone antagonist such as spironolactone (Aldactone) in your medicine if your doctor says.
- Some experimental treatments such as catheter-based radio frequency are being studied as the eradication of kidney sympathetic nerves (Renal desensitization) and electrochemical stimulation of Carotid sinus baroceptors.
If you do not review your HBP drugs, then your BP may suffer. If you leave the dosage because you cannot buy medicines, because you have side effects or because you just skip taking medicines, talk to your medical expert. Do not modify your treatment without guidance of your medical expert.
Make your Daily Routine Healthy
Lifestyle can help you to decrease and prevent your blood pressure even if you are taking blood pressure medicine. Here are some tips for you:
Natural Treatment for Blood Pressure
Consume Healthy Food
Eat healthy diets. Try dietary of lifestyle approaches to prevent high blood pressure (DASH) diet. This diet focuses on fruits, leafy green vegetables, yogurt, poultry, fish, whole grains, low-fat and carbohydrate based dairy edibles. Consume plenty of potassium, which can help inhibit and monitor hypertension. Eat shorter chain saturated fats and Trans fats.
Consume Least of Salt
If you want to lead a healthy life add quiet low amount of salt in your diet. Decrease sodium 2,300 milligrams (mg) a day or less in your diet because sodium intake of 1,500 mg a day or less is generally ideal for most of the adults.
Keep away yourself from soups or frozen dinners because these types of item can contain a good amount of salt which is not good for hypertension.
Keep Low Healthy Weight
If you are troubled by your HBP, make your lifestyle healthy and you are overweight or obese, maintain your weight or losing weight. Overweight situation can be a risk of health problems. It is possible for you to reduce your blood pressure to about 1 mm Hg with each weight loss (about 2.2 of pounds).
Enhance Physical Activity
Regular physical activity, and strategies like dancing, playing, running, walking, etc. can help reduce your blood pressure. This is as these activities help to manage stress, reduce your risk of many health problems and keep your weight under control.
Moderate aerobic activity at least 150 minutes in a week, whatever time suitable for you. 75 minute a week vigorous aerobic activity. You can do also a combination of moderate and vigorous activity. You may perform the following:
· Aerobic Activity (Only if your Doctor permits)
Brisk walking, hiking, swimming, spinning, aerobics classes, dancing, cross country skiing, and kickboxing.
· Vigorous Activity (Only if your Doctor allows)
Swimming laps, jogging, Race walking, running.
Decrease Liquor in your life
Consuming liquor it can raise your blood pressure. Decrease liquor in your daily life. Healthy persons i.e. women can take up to one drink a day and up to two drinks a day is allowable for men. One drink equals 12 ounces of beer (5% alcohol), 5 ounces of wine (12% alcohol) or 1.5 ounces of distilled spirits (40% alcohol).
Tobacco can damage the walls of the blood vessel and can speed up the process of plaque production in the arteries. If you smoke and want to quit smoke ask your doctor to help you quit. Smoke is very dangerous for your life.
Keep away Mental and Physical Tension
Sleep early and get up early i.e. get more sleep, try relaxation techniques, talk to someone, indulge in physical activity, and avoid caffeine, liquor, and nicotine. These activities are needed in physical tension.
Blood Pressure Monitoring at home
When you monitor your blood pressure at home you should know these things, about your device accuracy. Sit quietly before and during BP monitoring. Measure your BP twice daily. Do not measure your blood pressure right after you wake up. Avoid food, caffeine, tobacco and liquor for 30 minutes before taking a measurement.
If your device is already showing normal readings, don’t stop or change your medicine without asking your medical expert first. The home monitoring device can help you keep closer tabs on your blood pressure.
Muscle Relaxation and Deep Breathing: Do deep breaths exercise i.e. breathe in and out in slow motion, it can slow the heartbeat and lower or stabilize blood pressure. Stress can temporarily boost blood pressure so refrain from it. Wear loose clothing, take off your shoes while meditating relaxing and performing breathing exercises and get comfortable.
Gestational Hypertension: It occurs when high BP (greater than or equal to 140/90 mmHg) occurs. It happens only during pregnancy, without the appearance of protein in the urine. In this situation, you should contact your medical expert and take advice.
Alternative Medicine for Blood Pressure as another possibility
These medicines are available as another possibility like homeopathy, traditional medicine, chiropractic, acupressure, acupuncture and so on.
Though healthy eating and regular exercise are the most suitable strategies for reducing your blood pressure, few supplements also can help to reduce it. However, more research is required to determine the probable benefits.
- Wheat bran is the highest fiber, provides a healthy digestive system
- Black beans, avocado, whole wheat, spinach, dark chocolate, almonds, cashews, and peanuts these are a good source of Minerals, such as potassium, magnesium and calcium.
- Green vegetables, citrus fruits and lentils contain folic acid diet or addition of these lower risk of elaborate high blood pressure.
- Increase nitric oxide naturally in your diet, eat vegetables high in nitrates, like garlic.
- Fish is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, cod liver or fish oil, walnuts, canola oil.
- Vitamin D deficiency can be associated with a high risk of heart disease and blood pressure (hypertension). However, there is need of more research.
It is best to comprise these as food items in your diet while you can also take supplements or medicine. Ask your medical expert before incorporating any of these supplements in your blood pressure treatment. Some may meet with complementary medicines which can lead to harmful side effects such as extended risks of bleeding, etc. which can be un-treatable.
You can also practice resting method, such as deep breathing or meditation, which can help you to lose and reduce your stress level. These exercises can reduce your blood pressure for a short time.
Control your High Blood Pressure without extra medication
High blood pressure is not a complication that you can cure and then ignore under modern medicine. This is a condition that you need to control for the rest of your life. To keep your blood pressure in proper control:
Consume your Medicines Appropriately
If you find side effects or cost problems do not stop consuming your drugs. Question your doctor about yet another option.
Go for regular Blood Pressure Checkup
You can not control your BP yourself. You and your doctor together make a team to treat your blood pressure for a proper resolution. Monitoring your blood pressure at home is not a worthy solution. You should visit the doctor and follow the prescription.
Adopt healthy habits or lifestyle. Quit smoking in case you do it. Limit your alcohol consumption. Eat healthy foods. Try to lose excess weight and get regular physical activity.
Follow proper Healthy Habits
Consume healthy foods and drinks, keep yoga in your daily life, lose weight, control on your alcohol habits, do more physical activity, play in the park with your kids, enjoy your life with good habits.
Do not always remain serious, feel cheerful, keep the distance from negative thoughts, and make good surroundings around you.
Take the knowledge about blood pressure
If you are not hypertensive and still inspire yourself to be connected with uncontrolled hypertension. Through this write up your friends and family also can know everything about blood pressure.
Blood Pressure Machine (BP Machines)
BP Machines are also referred to as:
- Blood Pressure Monitor (BP Monitor)
- Blood Pressure Equipment (BP Equipment)
- or Blood Pressure Device (BP Device)
These may be:
- Manual/analog BP Machine
- Digital BP Monitor
These are known by the names:
The brand names may be different. These may be for clinical use or home use. Some of these are even wearable on wrist.
Get ready for appointment with Cardiologist and make a list of Dos and Don’ts
If you are feeling high BP or you have doubts do not waste your time. Visit your family doctor for blood pressure checkup.
Take care of these things before getting blood pressure checked.
Wear loose short sleeve shirts so that blood pressure cuffs sit around your arm properly. Avoid eating food, drinking, caffeine, tobacco, smoking and alcohol for at least 30 minutes before taking measurements, before measuring your blood pressure try to go to toilet among other preparations that your doctor may ask.
Make a medicine list which medicine you are taking. In some other condition mostly take these medicines like pain medications, cold medicines, antidepressant, birth control pills and other may raise your blood pressure. Without your doctor’s advice do not stop taking any prescription medications as it can be harmful to your health.
Blood pressure patients have lot things to discuss with the doctor but owing to short appointment period you cannot discuss properly. There are some important things in this write-up that may be useful during your appointment or this list will help you find out what to expect from your doctor.
What and Why should you do under Hypertension?
Selection of Best Cardiologist
You should first select the best cardiologist according to your budget, location and other relevant factors. When you make a search you can seek like Best Cardiologist in India, Best cardiologist in UP, Best Cardiologist in Lucknow, Best Cardiologist in Kanpur, Best cardiologist in Prayagraj and so on. You may go through their profile and recommendations to select the one for you. Also, check for other relevant problems you may be suffering from like Sinus Tachicardia which means more than 100 Heart rate or Pulse rate which are always the same.
Awareness of symptom or sign
Hypertension is a risk factor for heart disease so when you feel sign of pain in chest, vision problems, blood in the urine, severe headache, difficulty breathing, irregular heartbeat, fatigue or confusion, shortness of breath, pounding in your chest, neck, or ears then your medicine expert will help you how to treat your HBP.
Learn about your Personal Medical Information
Know about yourself such as diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, kidney diseases and family changes in any major stress or recent life.
List all the medicines and vitamins or supplements you are taking.
Do not go alone to your Cardiologist
Infrequently it is difficult to memorize all the information provided by the doctor during an appointment. Family member or friend can remember something that you missed or forgot.
Talk about your diet and exercise habits
If you are not following any diet routine this time you can frankly discuss your diet or exercise routine with your doctor.
Make a list of question to ask your medical expert.
The timing of the conversation is limited in the appointment, due to which we cannot ask all questions to the doctor. Below is a list of some important questions that will help you in the conversation with your doctor.
- What type of case study will I need?
- Which food items should I eat or avoid?
- Do I need any medicines?
- Should I track my blood pressure at home?
- What is the proper level of physical activity?
- How commonly do appointments require me to check my blood pressure?
- Should I track my blood pressure at home?
- Which websites do you suggest visiting?
- What are the options of the primary approach that you are recommended?
- I have other health problem. How do I treat them together?
- Are there any restrictions or limitations that I need to follow?
- Should I always see an expert?
- Is there a common option for you to tell me for the medication?
- Is there a booklet or other printed material that I can take home with myself?
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions. You can ask your questions at any time.
- Expectation from your doctor
The doctor can ask you the following questions
- Tell about your family history of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Explain your daily routines like diet or exercise habits
- How much you take liquor or smoke in a week?
- Notify your previous blood pressure measurement. What they are?
So keep this information handy in order to be able to produce it before your doctor when you see him.
You can reduce HBP by self through this practice
Try to lose weight, regular exercise and walk, reduce your sodium intake, healthy diet, try quitting smoking and liquor as these are the primary defense against HBP.
- Massage Oils
- How to Control BP without Medicine?
- Medical Appointment Scheduling System
- How To Appear More Good Looking and Younger
- Low Sex Drive in Women
- Ayurvedic Sex Medicines
* For any comments, information sharing or Questions and Answers on the topic please Login to vvfit.com and connect with the author or the Appropriate Group
NB The write-up is based on the most prevalent media information and is not a medical advice. Consult your Authorized Cardiologist for any Medical Treatment.