What is Arthritis meaning and how to get Arthritis treatment?
Arthritis is a condition which describes the pain and swelling in a joint or joints. It consists of various types and not remained only to one condition. People from all age group i.e. from kids to adults and especially senior citizens suffer from arthritis for whom arthritis treatment is crucial.
If a person has pain in or near a joint which continues for a few days, he or she should definitely consult a doctor to have the right treatment on the right time.
Though arthritis can’t be completely cured but with the advancement in technology and improvement in treatments, it helps in reducing the effects of arthritis if treated at the early stage of it.
We still do not completely know the causes of arthritis, but there are few which can increase the risk of arthritis such as genes inherited from parents or grandparents.
WHAT ARE TYPES OF ARTHRITIS?
Arthritis can make your life hell due to pain. It depends on the type of arthritis. The various types of arthritis are:
What is Osteoarthritis?
It is the most general form of arthritis. It begins with the roughening of cartilage. During this, the body initiates a replace process to make up the loss occurred. The following can occur:
• Osteophytes are the small bits of extra bone which grows at the ends of a bone within a joint.
• We can increase the amount of thick fluid inside the joint.
• If the joint capsule stretch, then the joint can lose its shape.
At the early phase, it won’t pain much. However, later, it can damage joint interiorly and leads to stiffness and swelling.
We can highly observe in women and people who are 45 years or more than 45 years old. Knees, hands, hips, back are the body parts which are commonly affected by it.
There are various ways to get relief from the pain. These ways are:
• Doing regular exercise.
• Maintaining a healthy weight.
• Using NSAID creams.
• Having painkillers like paracetamols.
Gout and Calcium Crystal Diseases
A gout is a form of inflammatory arthritis which affects the big toe. It causes swelling in joints which ache a lot. The affected areas turn to red and hot. Also, the affected skin appears shiny and gets a peel.
The cause of Gout is having urate too much in the body. We also know urate as uric acid. The certain level of urate exceeds in some people due to alcohol and a certain type of food. Being overweight is another reason for crossing uric acid levels in the body.
When urate reaches to a high level, crystals get formed and stay in and near joints. Sometimes, a person won’t realize even its presence as the crystals do not create any problem. But these crystals can fall to a soft part of the joint while a person is suffering from fever and will cause swelling and pain.
The following drugs aids in reducing the amount of urate:
• NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs )
These drugs help in the prevention of Gout attack.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an auto-immune situation which is a type of inflammatory arthritis. As we know inflammation is a necessary process of the immune system, but it can get disturbed due to an auto-immune condition and can affect the healthy tissues of the body like joints. Due to this, extra fluid in joints creates the following trouble:
• It creates a problem in moving joints.
• The bone and joint can get damaged due to chemicals in the fluid.
• If a joint capsule gets stretched, it can’t retain its original shape. It happens when the amount of fluid exceeds in the joint capsule.
• It can cause irritation and pain in nerve endings.
What are the Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
This includes the following symptoms:
• Tender joints
• Swollen joints
• Swelling and stiffness in joints
• Severe Fatigue
• Feeling unwell always
We can more observe it in women as compared to men. It can occur at any age to adults but mostly found in the age group of 40-60 years old.
The treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis can begin with disease-modifying anti-rheumatoid arthritis drugs (DMARDs) and biological therapies. If the condition is not improved, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
What is Spondylosis?
Spondyloarthritis is a situation which can describe pain and swelling in and around the joints, especially of the spine. It is also known as a type of arthritis.
In these conditions, inflammation occurs in tiny pieces of connective tissues, known as enthuses. These are hard small cords which connect ligaments or tendons to the bones.
What is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
It is only a type of spondyloarthritis causing pain and swelling near the joints of the spine. In this condition, extra mineral calcium is produced in the body. Usually, calcium makes bones strong. But, extra calcium in ankylosing spondylitis creates new pieces of bone inside the spine which cause pain and stiffness.
This condition mostly occurs in the second half of the night and cause pain and swelling in the back which can last for more than 30 minutes in the morning.
It is more common in men of age between 20-30 years old. There are drugs available to reduce the speed of the process. Also, a good posture can help prevention of curving of the spine. Good posture helps in all sorts of arthritis or bone ailments.
Persistence of Symptoms Spondylitis
1. Tracking of pain i.e. how and when the pain begins.
2. If pain occurs due to some abnormal activity, then you may have overdone it. But you should get the relief from it within a few days.
3. If pain is continuing and not associated with any injury, it is suggested to consult it with a doctor.
Swelling of Joints
1. If a joint is swelling and stiff, and not associated with any kind of injury, then you should visit a doctor.
2. If you are not well and suffering from fever, and joint turns red or hot, then consult a doctor.
It is quite normal to have ache and swelling in your muscles and joints from time to time. It can occur due to injury, some abnormal exercise and so on. But if all these are not reasons behind the pain and swelling in and around joints, and it lasts longer, you are suggested to consult a doctor to avoid an invitation to problems. It’s better to analyze and start with the right arthritis or allied treatment as soon as possible before the situation turns worse.
- Massage Oils
- How to Control BP without Medicine?
- Medical Appointment Scheduling System
- How To Appear More Good Looking and Younger
- High Blood Pressure Encyclopedia
- Low Sex Drive in Women
- Ayurvedic Sex Medicines
* For any comments, information sharing or Questions and Answers on the topic please Login to vvfit.com and connect with the author or the Appropriate Group
NB The write-up is based on the most prevalent media information and is not a medical advice. Consult your Authorized Medical Treatment.